VoIP increases productivity of employees and reduces operating costs. VoIP represents the latest communication technology, allowing your customers and employees easy access to the tools they need to make your company a success. However, implementation of VoIP can have serious effects on a company’s network, if not implemented properly.
You can count on Quest Technology to ensure that your VoIP implementation is smooth.
Quest Technology employs a 5 phase Network Assessment Process, prior to deployment, to ensure a smooth transition to VoIP:
- Network Topology Discovery: Before a strategy can be developed a complete understanding of the existing state of a network is documented through inventories and customer interviews.
- Written Convergence Strategy: A written strategy for your convergence infrastructure must be documented. The written strategy includes: Overall IP Scheme and Sub-netting design; NAT Strategy; DHCP / Static Addressing Scheme; IP end-points and physical cabling; Protocol review; Layer 2 segmentation — VLANs; Layer 2 traffic tagging; Layer 2 traffic prioritization; Layer 2 Duplex strategy; Layer 2 Application review; Layer 3 traffic tagging; Layer 3 traffic prioritization; Layer 3 routing protocols; Layer 3 Application review; Spanning-tree / Load balance review;
- Implementation of Strategy: Customers have several options for implementation including in-house engineers, existing-vendors, new vendor, or any combination. This includes the staging, installing, configuring, integrating and testing new and existing hardware and software according to the guidelines established in your written convergence plan.
- Quality Control and Metrics Testing: This phase includes the post-implementation analysis to insure your network is performing as intended. This service is performed on-site and includes testing for a 72 hour period.
- Documentation: We will deliver complete documentation on work performed. Additionally, we will complete Avaya required VoIP forms that are required for warranty and maintenance work.
Quest partners with you to develop a communications system that fits your needs today and expands easily to meet your growth and the demands of tomorrow’s technology. Have questions about our VoIP network assessment service, or need a quote?